youbloom was originally envisaged as an artist cooperative, with over one hundred founding shareholders with the vision to help solve the unsustainability of independent musicians.
- Co-operation – through people power, we believe it can move mountains
- Fans/audiences are at the heart of everything we do
- Open – everyone’s voice and creativity matters
- Passion – we are passionate about our vision and will not compromise on it
- Independence – we are fiercely independent, creative and self reliant
- Integrity – we show respect to and are transparent with everyone we deal with
- We take pride in delivering quality experiences and value for money
- Humbleness and willpower
- Leadership by example
- Daring to be different
- Constant desire for renewal
- Accept and delegate responsibility
youbloom is an ecosystem of youbloomConnect, active year round, worldwide and two annual events, youbloomDublin and youbloomLA Music Summit & Festivals.
youbloomConnect is an automated marketing and crowdsourcing platform that maximizes fan/artist/industry connections and performances. As a global community of artists, fans, and hosts, youbloomConnect produces amazing experiences for fans and multiple revenue streams for artists and hosts.
youbloomDublin and youbloomLA Music Summit & Festivals are where the youbloom community of fans, artists, hosts (venues, promoters, booking agents) and industry come together to network, showcase, learn and do business.
This is how the current state of the music industry is divided up:
- 75% of all revenue in the music industry goes to the top few hundred superstar artists. These are artists who you would recognize as household names and are primarily controlled by major record labels.
- 20% of all revenue goes to approximately 750,000 actively gigging professional artists
- 5% of all revenue goes to roughly 10 million+ emerging artists
This is where youbloom comes in.
youbloom is centered around giving independent musicians the opportunity to perform in more cities around the world, gain more visibility, find more fans, earn more money and learn from and network with music industry professionals.
This is accomplished by:
- Disruptive technology.
- Artists partnering with one another.
- Fan crowdsourcing artists to play in their cities
- A network of conventional and unconventional event hosts and promoters (eg: houses, offices, and impromptu music gigs)