There is a saying that “When words leave off, Music begins…” Music is very much essential in day-to-day life. When there are no words to speak at that time music speaks… Music is said to be a universal language… Music is an important part of life. It is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm to life…
But can music make you a happier person?
Music is powerful, it can change your mood, the way you feel, and change your heart. The kind of music you listen to controls your mind. Whether you’ve had a rainy day or a bright sunny afternoon music has a positive effect on your mood.
“It is well said that Music is the shorthand of emotion…” Music helps alter our mood… Music is the best way to distress yourself in times of worry, and the best way to celebrate and appreciate the good things in life.
There are many of benefits of listening to music, some of these are: Strong sensation: – Music gives us a deep emotional experience especially if we are performing it on stage.
- Diversion: Music helps us prevent the mind from unpleasant thoughts which often take over our mind It diverts our mind from negative energy to positive energy.
- Discharge: Music can discharge us from the bad memories. It helps us to get rid of an unwanted feeling or memory.
- Mental Work: Music can also bring nostalgia, sometimes we can associate a song with anecdotes and old friends. It can take us through the beautiful moments in our lives.
- Consolation: When we are disappointed music forgot all our problems momentarily
- Becoming a Better Listener: Music makes you a better listener. We listen to the voice of the singer, the beats and the notes and the symphony and the moment we are able to distinguish between the different sounds we hear we are on the path of becoming good listeners.
- Make Better Decisions: Learning music or listening to it can help you make better decisions as it improves focus and concentration.
- Develops Patience: When we play an instrument it usually takes years of practice and patient listening to perfect it. This practice develops patience in us.
- It Reduces Stress & Makes You Healthier: When we listen to music we can forgot the stress in our life. It helps uplift our mood. Stress is the worst form of negative energy, we can fight that with music.
The list goes on and on. Music really is the key to success. We all have our likes and dislikes in music. Some like pop and others prefer rock, whichever is your favorite music makes you a happier person!
Post by Binny Sharma. Binny is an all-round musician. He is a singer, lyricist, composer and performer. When he is not singing, he likes to travel. Catch him at his personal website binnysharma.com or on Twitter @beingbinny.